66 Chapter 651 (p. 10) and Episode 571, Whole Cake Island makes its first appearance.
The arc begins on Chapter 825 of the manga and ends on Chapter 902, spanning over 78 chapters in total. This makes Whole Cake Island the second longest arc in One Piece history, behind only Dressrosa, an arc that has a whopping 102 chapters named to it.
Does the whole cake island arc end in one piece?
‘One Piece’ Episode 877 Spoilers: Whole Cake Island Arc Ends, Sun Pirates, Germa 66 Withdraw From Battle. One Piece Episode 877 featured Monkey D. Luffy and the Strawhat Pirates on their way off of Whole Cake Island. Is the whole cake Island Arc good? Overall, it was a very good arc.
What episode does Luffy leave the Whole Cake Island?
One Piece Episode 877 featured Monkey D. Luffy and the Strawhat Pirates on their way off of Whole Cake Island. Is the whole cake Island Arc good? Overall, it was a very good arc.
What episode does straw hats reach Whole Cake Island?
One Piece Episode 877 showed the Thousand Sunny reaching the border of Whole Cake Island. The Big Mom Pirates are aware that when the Strawhat Pirates leave their territory, it will be hard to chase them.
What is the longest arc in One Piece?
Out the longest One Piece arc is none other than the Dressrosa storyline. According to the report, Dressrosa collected 118 episodes today which makes it the longest arc. It is followed up closely by Whole Cake Island which landed 95 episodes.
What episode does WANO arc start?
It started a couple years ago on episode 890, right after the Reverie Arc concluded.
What episode does WANO arc start anime?
It deals with the alliance between the pirates, samurai, and minks to liberate Wano Country from the shogun, who has allied with the Beast Pirates led by Kaido. Episodes 895 and 896 contain an original story arc, ‘Carbonic Acid King’ which ties into the film One Piece: Stampede.
What episode does Whole Cake Island arc end anime?
Episode 877 came together to wrap the Whole Cake Island arc, and it did so with lots of emotion. As an arc finale, the big episode did plenty, but there are some highlights which standout. As fans all expected, the Straw Hats were able to escape Big Mom’s territory with a bit of help.
What episode does Dressrosa arc start?
Episode 744 is the episode that you’re talking about. The filler episodes is 747-751 then it’s the Zou arc.
What episode does Zou arc start?
80 Chapter 805 and Episode 754.
What arc is after return to water 7?
The Post-Enies Lobby Arc, also known as the Second Water 7 Arc, Return to Water 7 Arc, or Thousand Sunny Arc, is the seventeenth story arc in the series, and the fourth and final in the Water 7 Saga of the manga and anime series, One Piece.
|← Previous||Next →|
|Enies Lobby Arc||Thriller Bark Arc|
Is the Wano arc almost over?
At the same time, Oda mentioned Shanks finally making his move in the manga in the 2021 Jump Festa, only for the Wano Country arc to continue throughout the year. In fact, the Wano Country arc is still in its climax and will likely take over half a year before it wraps up.
How long is the Water 7 arc?
6 Water 7 (35 Episodes)
The Water 7 arc had several emotional moments, but there are two that made this arc interesting and engaging. First was the fact that the Straw Hats ship the Going Merry was ‘dying’ and would not be able to sail much longer.
Is WANO Zoro’s arc?
Wano is not Zoro’s arc.
What is the best arc in One Piece?
7 Best Canon Arcs In One Piece (& 7 Best Filler Arcs)
- 1 Filler: G-8. After the Straw Hats escape from Skypiea, the Going Merry falls inside a Marine base.
- 2 Canon: Enies Lobby.
- 3 Filler: Little East Blue.
- 4 Canon: Wano.
- 5 Filler: Z’s Ambition.
- 6 Canon: Marineford.
- 7 Filler: Ocean’s Dream.
- 8 Canon: Whole Cake Island.
Does the whole cake island arc end in one piece?
‘One Piece’ Episode 877 Spoilers: Whole Cake Island Arc Ends, Sun Pirates, Germa 66 Withdraw From Battle. One Piece Episode 877 featured Monkey D. Luffy and the Strawhat Pirates on their way off of Whole Cake Island. Is the whole cake Island Arc good? Overall, it was a very good arc.
What episode does Luffy leave the Whole Cake Island?
One Piece Episode 877 featured Monkey D. Luffy and the Strawhat Pirates on their way off of Whole Cake Island . Is the whole cake Island Arc good? Overall, it was a very good arc .
How many episodes is the whole cake island arc?
It is divided into two plot arcs. A narrative arc named ″ Whole Cake Island ″ adapts content from the manga’s 82nd volume to the beginning of its 90th book, which is the first story arc in the manga’s 82nd volume. The manga’s first story arc is called ″ Whole Cake Island ″. a single piece (season 19)
|No. of episodes||107|
|Original network||Fuji Television|
|Original release||April 9, 2017 – June 30, 2019|
What episode does the whole cake island arc end?
Ahead of the premiere of One Piece episode 877, here are some spoilers: The entire Cake Island arc comes to an end, the Sun Pirates and Germa 66 withdraw from the battle. In One Piece Episode 877, Monkey D. Luffy and the Strawhat Pirates were on their way out of Whole Cake Island as the episode began.
Is the whole cake Island Arc good?
Overall, it was an excellent story arc. Because it doesn’t involve the entire crew and there wasn’t much of a win (apart from achieving their primary goal), it isn’t one of the finest One Piece arcs. However, it is still a really nice film.
Can I skip whole cake island arc?
Do not skip this step. It is not just canon, but it is also quite significant. You are introduced to a large number of individuals who will play pivotal roles in the future of both Whole Cake Island and Wano. It is also a really solid arc, not the greatest of all time, but still quite nice!.
Is Big Mom afraid of Shanks?
TL;DR Shanks is a threat to Big Mom because he is simply too powerful for her to handle.
Why did Big Mom kill Sanji?
Big Mom wasn’t interested in the Vinsmokes themselves; she was just interested in their cloning technology. And by eradicating them, it ensured that it would never be replicated in another location.
Is Big Mom defeated by Luffy?
This arc is not about escaping Sanji’s domain; instead, it is about escaping Luffy’s territory… So far, Luffy has been victorious against Katakuri (although by a slim margin), and he is currently escaping from the mirror world with the assistance of Pekoms. The current episode came to a close when Germa 66 emerged to assist Luffy and Sanji in their escape.
Where is Zoro in whole cake island arc?
Land of Wano
What’s after Whole Cake Island Arc?
Unsurprisingly, One Piece stated that the conclusion of arc’Whole Cake Island’was reached with chapter 902. After a tense standoff with Big Mom, the Straw Hat gang was forced to flee as the Yonko went after Jinbe and the Sun Pirates for their betrayal in the explosive update. Indeed, the series has confirmed that its upcoming season would be titled the ‘Reverie’ season.
What if Zoro was in Whole Cake Island?
If Zoro had been there on the entire cake island, he would have been able to assist Luffy and allow him to conserve part of his power and stamina. When the army arrives after Luffy and Zoro defeat Cracker, they would have been able to hold out for a longer period of time, but they would have been taken anyway.
Is Zoro from WANO?
Zoro himself can’t be from Wano because Oda has claimed on several occasions that he was born in the East Blue, but we don’t know anything about Koshiro’s family. In addition to providing Koshiro and Kuina with a Wano heritage, it would also provide Zoro with a further tie to the Wano through them and Wado Ichimonji.
Is WANO arc the last arc?
It is said in the description that ″According to Oda, the Wano arc is a plot that is significantly tied to the last chapter.″ According to the editor, the Wano arc will have a connection to the last chapter of the One Piece manga.
Should I skip Dressrosa arc?
Dressrosa arc should never, ever be skipped. Period. This story arc is mostly on Sanji and his family, as well as Bigmom and her extended family. In the event that you skip the chapter, you may not understand why Bigmom despises Luffy so much, or how Luffy’s new gear and abilities have evolved. If you complete all of the arcs, the experience will be considerably more interesting.
Can I skip Punk Hazard Arc?
No, don’t skip it since it pretty much lays the stage for the following arc, which is incredible, so just keep going. It really gets better near the conclusion of punk danger, but the beginning is a little tedious. If it isn’t filler, you aren’t allowed to skip it. If you want to finish it as fast as possible, just read it. Take a look at the manga.
Can I skip marineford arc?
Those who wish to move ahead to the part of the story when all of the major badass characters, such as Ace and WhiteBeard, are involved can go to the Marineford Arc. During that story arc, you will see an all-out battle between Whitebeard and the Marines in order to save Ace.
One Piece: 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About The Whole Cake Island Arc
- One of the most fascinating story arcs in the One Piece series is the one involving the island of Whole Cake.
- It takes place after the events of the Zou arc and is mostly concerned with Monkey D.
- Luffy’s journey to the land of the Yonko, Charlotte Linlin, also known as Big Mom.
- Luffy is being guided by one of Big Mom’s servants, Pekoms, in his quest to reclaim his chef, Sanji, from the clutches of the Yonko clan.
Some of his crewmates, such as Chopper, Brook, and Nami, as well as others, such as Pedro Carrot, are accompanying him.Here are ten interesting facts about the Whole Cake Island arc in One Piece that you probably didn’t know.
10 Number of Volumes In The Manga
- The Whole Cake Island arc of the One Piece manga is really rather lengthy in terms of volume content due to the fact that it is a crucial addition to the ongoing Yonko Saga.
- It takes place across nine volumes in all, beginning with One Piece Vol.
- 82 and ending with One Piece Vol.
- 90, according to the manga’s events of the story arc.
Despite the fact that it is a lengthy arc, it is unquestionably one of the most expressive in the series, and it effectively showcases both Eiichiro Oda’s abilities and the diversity of the One Piece ensemble.
9 Manga Chapters
- The Whole Cake Island arc, which spans a total of 9 volumes, is also the second longest arc in the whole One Piece manga series, with a total runtime of over 900 pages.
- The arc begins on Chapter 825 of the manga and concludes on Chapter 902, a total of 78 chapters in total.
- The manga is published in Japanese.
- Whole Cake Island is now the second-largest arc in One Piece history, behind only Dressrosa, which has a whopping 102 chapters dedicated to it, making it the biggest arc in the series’ history.
Due to the fact that more than half of the Wano Country arc remains and we’ve already passed the halfway point in the series, it’s possible that the Wano Country arc will surpass it as the second-longest arc in the series.
8 Anime Episodes
- In the anime adaptation of One Piece, Whole Cake takes the position of the second-longest arc, just as it does in the manga adaptation.
- However, it takes up 95 episodes of the anime series, making it the longest episode in the series.
- The only arc in the One Piece anime that is longer than Whole Cake Island is Dressrosa, which lasts for a total of 119 episodes.
- There are pace concerns in the anime, which is nothing new for the One Piece series, which is one of the reasons why it takes longer to complete the arcs.
The fact that Oda is taking more frequent pauses now almost probably implies that the anime will have to slow down even more in order to avoid falling behind.
7 Years of Running
- The Whole Cake Island arc is a relatively fresh addition to the series, having began only a couple of years ago and continuing to this day.
- In the manga, the story arc began in 2016 and concluded in 2018, requiring a total of two years to complete.
- As depicted in the anime, the story arc began in 2017 and came to a close just recently, in 2019.
- Despite being brief, the Reverie arc was equally essential and had a significant impact on the One Piece universe in more ways than one.
This was true for both the anime and the manga, which saw the Whole Cake Island arc followed by the Reverie arc.
6 Alternative Names
- The Whole Cake Island arc, like many other arcs in One Piece, has a plethora of alternate titles, each of which refers to a different major aspect of the arc’s theme.
- The most popular of the bunch is the ‘Sanji Retrieval Arc,’ which makes sense considering that a significant portion of the arc is devoted to bringing Sanji back to life.
- This arc is also referred to as the ‘Tea Party From Hell Arc,’ since it focuses more on Big Mom’s horrible tea parties and offers the audience a better understanding of what her gatherings are like.
5 The Arc Number
- The fact that One Piece is a complex series that some people believe will go on indefinitely is not a secret to anyone.
- The manga has been finished in 30 story arcs, and it is currently on its 31st, and very probably the most significant, arc, the Wano Country arc, at the time of writing.
- Regarding Whole Cake Island, it is the 29th arc overall, and it is the 29th in chronological sequence of the arcs.
- When the arc concludes, it will most likely be replaced by another, shorter arc in the versus Yonko Saga, which will take its place.
4 Post Time-skip Debuts
- When you consider how long the series has been running, it’s no wonder that One Piece boasts a large ensemble cast.
- A large number of characters who had previously appeared in the main tale or in the short cover stories that Eiichiro Oda is renowned for making their debut in the Whole Cake Island arc did so in the main story or in the short cover stories.
- This includes characters such as ‘Hawkeyes’ Mihawk, the first mate of the Sun Pirates Aladine, Yonko Red-Hair Shanks and two of his trusty commanders in the form of Yasopp and Benn Beckmann, and Stansen, a giant from Elbaf who was released from an auction shop during the Sabaody Archipelago arc.
3 The Vinsmoke Family
- Numerous story strands were established by Eiichiro Oda throughout the course of the whole Whole Cake Island arc, and unquestionably the most significant of these was the one centered on the Vinsmoke Family.
- It was Sanji’s family, the Vinsmokes, who made the decision for him to marry Charlotte Pudding, the 35th daughter of the Big Mom family, who is well-known around the world for her beauty and intelligence.
- We are also introduced to Sanji’s full family, which includes his father, Judge, and his four brothers, Icihiji, Niji, Yonji, and Reiju, who are all played by different actors.
- Vinsmoke Sora, Sanji’s mother, is also shown in flashback to provide insight into her personality.
2 The Duval Connection
- As shown in the Sabaody Archipelago arc of One Piece, Sanji and Duval are, ironically, entwined in their love for one another.
- Although it wasn’t immediately evident why this was the case, this arc exposes that it was none other than Sanji’s father, Vinsmoke Judge, who was behind the dispatch of bounty hunters in pursuit of the guy shown in the wanted poster in question.
- This was done in order for Sanji to be located.
- Later, following the events of the Dressrosa arc, Judge took more steps to include Sanji into his game by changing his reward poster to read ″Only Alive.″
1 The Charlotte Family
- Because the Whole Cake Island arc is centered on Yonko Big Mom, viewers will be able to gain a comprehensive understanding of her powers, her domain, and her family.
- Big Mom has been married 43 times, which isn’t as astonishing as the fact that she has a total of 46 boys and 39 girls, according to the information disclosed.
- Her kingdom, which she refers to as Totto Land, is revealed to be an archipelago of 35 islands, each of which is controlled by a different member of her family.
- Big Mom herself is the Queen of Totto Land, and she dwells on Whole Cake Island, which is located in the middle of the kingdom.
The Next Chapter of One Piece has 5 better Haki users than Luffy (& 5 Who Are Worse) Next 10 Times One Piece’s Author Rei Penber Disappointed Fans About Her Work (1034 Articles Published) Rei Penber is a lifelong anime and manga enthusiast.He is the author of some of the items on this site that you like reading and others that you didn’t enjoy reading.When he isn’t writing, he may be found reading a variety of different manga.When he has the opportunity, he enjoys taking in the sights and sounds of nature.You may get out to him through his email address: [emailprotected]
- Rei Penber has more to say.
One Piece Chart Breaks Down The Anime’s Longest Arcs
- When it comes to One Piece, the anime isn’t afraid to go on for an extended period of time.
- The program has a total of 900 episodes to its credit, and the anime will continue to release new episodes as the series progresses.
- The Wano Country arc has established itself as one of the longest in anime history, but it is up against some formidable competition.
- As previously said, One Piece has an extensive back catalogue of arcs, many of which are far longer than you might expect.
Recently, a One Piece fan came to Reddit to demonstrate how long each of the series’ arcs lasts for.The artwork, which was created by TheLlamaCat and made available to fans, breaks down each and every arc one by one.So if you want to lay your bets on which anime series will have the longest story arc, you best do it now.Arcs and sagas of One Piece organized by episode length from r/OnePiece Okay, so you’re finished?This is advantageous because it turns.
- The Dressrosa plot is the longest arc in the One Piece series, and it is also the most complex.
- Dressrosa has gathered 118 episodes as of today, making it the longest arc in the game, according to the source.
- Whole Cake Island, which has a total of 95 episodes, is the show that comes in second.
- Two of the anime’s latter arcs are included in this collection, and the duration makes sense to aficionados.
- As the series has progressed, One Piece has taken on more intricate story arcs, and these two tales are no exception.
When viewers look back at the beginning of the anime, they will see how much faster the story progressed.The East Blue tale is divided into seven distinct arcs, the largest of which lasts a manageable fifteen episodes.By the time the Alabasta tale arrived, the real Alabast arc, which lasted 35 episodes, had become the longest arc in the show’s history.Looking at the remainder of the chart, another detail that One Piece fans could find objectionable is the length of the Marineford arc, which is ten episodes.The Summit War series continues to be a fan favorite, and the Battle of Marineford is often regarded as the finest plot in the anime’s history.
Despite this, the series reached its apex after only 31 episodes.Currently, fans are interested to see how long the Wano arc will go when compared to its predecessors, but the majority of them anticipate that the plot will be a lengthy one.0comments Then tell us about your favorite of these story arcs.
- Let me know in the comments or reach out to me on Twitter @MeganPetersCB to discuss anything and anything comics and anime related!
- In 1997, Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump published the first serialization of Eiichiro Oda’s One Piece, which was written by Oda himself.
- It has subsequently been compiled into more than 80 volumes, and it has been a critical and economic success across the world, with several of the volumes breaking printing records in their home country of Japan.
Even more impressive, the manga has set a Guinness World Record for the most copies produced for the same comic book by a single creator, and it is the best-selling manga series in the world, with over 430 million copies sold to date.The series maintained its position as the most popular manga series in 2018, which astonished fans of big new entrants.
‘One Piece’ Brings Whole Cake Island Arc To A Close
- One Piece has been trudging through the Big Mom Island arc for more than a year, but the drama couldn’t carry on indefinitely without a conclusion.
- Finally, the conclusion of the arc was unveiled to the public, and it lived up to the high expectations that creator Eiichiro Oda had raised among fans.
- With the release of its latest episode over the weekend, One Piece gave fans a gift unlike any other.
- The last episode of the Whole Cake Island storyline, Episode 877, came together beautifully and with a great deal of emotion.
As an arc conclusion, the huge episode accomplished a great deal, but there are a few highlights that stick out in particular.With a little aid from their friends, the Straw Hats were able to flee Big Mom’s area, just as everyone had predicted.The Straw Hats were able to depart because of the collaboration of the Germa 66 and the Sun Pirates.There has been no news on how the teams that were left behind are faring, but Monkey D.Luffy and his crew appear to be in good health.
- Some shocking admissions were made among the members of the team, and not all of them were positive.
- For starters, Sanji learnt that Pedro had been slain during the trip to Big Mom’s island, which caused the chef to become extremely depressed.
- Sanji has no remembrance of the pirate being kissed by Pudding before he escaped, and he has no idea what happened after that.
- After all, Pudding managed to steal his recollection of the event, and fans were able to witness just how much the girl has been transformed by the hero.
- One Piece has completed its narrative arc and is moving forward at full speed to the next story arc.
The Reverie arc, which will begin in the next episode of the anime, will sift through the consequences from Luffy’s challenge to Big Mom and a big gathering of all of the world’s powers, will begin in the next episode.So, are you ready to go on the next chapter of One Piece with me?Let me know in the comments or reach out to me on Twitter @MeganPetersCB to discuss anything and anything comics and anime related!In 1997, Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump published the first serialization of Eiichiro Oda’s One Piece, which was written by Oda himself.It has subsequently been compiled into more than 80 volumes, and it has been a critical and economic success across the world, with several of the volumes breaking printing records in their home country of Japan.
Even more impressive, the manga has set a Guinness World Record for the most copies produced for the same comic book by a single creator, and it is the best-selling manga series in the world, with over 430 million copies sold to date.The series maintained its position as the most popular manga series in 2018, which astonished fans of big new entrants.-0comments Is it time for you to subscribe to ComicBook Nation, the official podcast of ComicBook.com?
- If not, you should.
- You may listen to it by clicking here or by scrolling down.
- In this newest episode, we discuss the possibility of a Dragon Ball Super revival, as well as Kofi’s visit to the set of Godzilla: King of the Monsters, among other topics.
Make sure you subscribe now so you don’t miss an episode in the future!
One Piece: How Close Is It To The End Really?
- Since 1997, One Piece, the magnum opus of Eiichiro Oda, has been published in Shueisha’s Weekly Shonen Jump magazine.
- One Piece is a manga that tells the narrative of Monkey D.
- Luffy, a young pirate who lives during the Great Pirate Era, which was heralded by the Pirate King.
- Luffy embarks on a tremendous voyage unlike any other, with the goal of obtaining fortune, fame, power, and, most importantly, the One Piece.
Since 1997, Oda has been faithfully depicting Luffy’s ascent to the throne of the Pirates of the Caribbean, but the tale is far from complete even after almost two decades.Luffy’s voyage is still ongoing, and it appears that it will continue for the foreseeable future as well.Despite this, the creator of One Piece has stated on several occasions that the series is reaching its conclusion and will be completed within the next few years.
How Close Is Luffy To The One Piece?
- When it comes to the One Piece tale, it is reasonable to state that it is reaching the conclusion of its current chapter.
- When it comes to One Piece, the Wano Country arc signals the beginning of the end, as Luffy is finally coming closer to his ultimate goal than he has ever been before.
- After defeating Yonko Kaido (the greatest creature in the One Piece universe) in a one-on-one combat on Onigashima, Luffy has proven himself to be powerful enough to take on the rest of the One Piece characters.
- Inevitably, Luffy will be victorious over Kaido, and his win over the Yonko will formally elevate him to the ranks of the world’s best pirates.
It should come as no surprise that the protagonist has progressed to become one of the most powerful characters in the novel.Even when taking into mind the goals of reaching Laugh Tale and locating the One Piece, Luffy is fairly near to fulfilling both.In addition to possessing two of the four Road Poneglyphs, Luffy is the guy who is closest to the One Piece, even without the Yonko’s assistance.As a comparison, both Big Mom and Kaido have only one Road Poneglyph apiece, which only serves to demonstrate that Luffy is already far closer to the ultimate prize than they are.With Kaido’s defeat, Luffy will come another step closer to his goal of becoming the Pirate King by earning the third Road Poneglyph, leaving just one more to be obtained before the gang sets sail for Laugh Tale.
- Oda has revealed that once the Wano Country arc concludes, fans will have a better understanding of the One Piece treasure, and that the Wano Country arc itself is intimately tied to the subject of what the One Piece is, which is interesting.
- It appears that with the completion of the Wano Country arc, it is now clear that Luffy is extremely near to becoming the Pirate King and that his trip would be shorter in the future.
- All things considered, there are just a few arcs remaining in One Piece at this point.
- With Luffy being among the most powerful characters, it is possible that the plot may travel places such as Elbaf, Lodestar, and Emerald City.
- Once the Laugh Tale arc is completed, viewers will have the opportunity to see the Great War, which means that One Piece has a maximum of 4 major arcs left.
How Close Is One Piece To Ending Really?
- Originally, the plot of Eiichiro Oda’s One Piece was planned to conclude around 2002, and according to the author himself, the story was only supposed to endure for five years.
- At one point, Luffy’s trip, which is now a gigantic undertaking, was supposed to be about his battle against the pirates known as the Yonko.
- Oda, on the other hand, introduced the concept of the Shichibukai.
- According to him, this is a major contributing factor to the fact that One Piece ended up being as long as it was.
The Shichibukai provided a great deal of complexity to the plot and allowed Oda to elaborate on the many themes of the story even further.Oda stated in 2019 that he intends to bring One Piece to a close within the next five years.Oda repeated his intention to bring One Piece to a close within five years in 2020.But, once again, this is unlikely to happen in the near future.In the same way that Oda underestimated how long One Piece would last, a couple of his other predictions have shown to be incredibly inaccurate in the past as well.
- For example, Eiichiro Oda had intended to close up the Alabasta arc a few years before the series’ actual conclusion.
- Furthermore, when it comes to the timeframe of One Piece, Oda’s Jump Festa comments have also shown to be rather wrong.
- During Jump Festa 2020, Oda stated that characters like as Hancock, Sabo, and Vivi might be in danger in the upcoming year, and that the tale will address issues relating to them in the future year.
- It is possible that this will happen in the future, but it did not happen when Oda predicted it would.
- Shanks will finally make his move in the manga in the 2021 Jump Festa, according to Oda, but the Wano Country storyline will continue throughout the year, as previously stated.
To be more specific, the Wano Country story arc is still at its peak and will most likely take more than half a year to conclude.It’s impossible for One Piece to conclude by 2024, as Oda had anticipated.There’s still the conclusion of the arc, a major arc like Elbaf to come, as well as the travel to islands like Laugh Tale and the largest conflict in the series’ history.If anything, One Piece will most likely not come to a conclusion until around 2025.The general view among One Piece fans is that the series has around 5-6 years left to go, which means that the plot will most likely conclude around 2027.
However, while the conclusion of One Piece may be some years away, Luffy’s adventure is already nearing its conclusion, since he has already developed into a magnificent pirate and is now quite close to achieving his objective.Assuming that the Wano Country arc is completed, the tale will officially reach its conclusion, and fans should prepare to sit back and enjoy the remaining years of the masterpiece that is One Piece to the maximum extent possible.MORE: What We Know So Far About Netflix’s One Piece Series (Part 2) The Anime Guide for Winter 2022 in its entirety.
- The Winter 2022 season will begin in just a few short months.
- Here’s what anime lovers can look forward to in the next year.
- Continue reading to learn more about the author, Rei Penber (227 Articles Published) Rei Penber is a lifelong anime and manga enthusiast.
He is the author of some of the items on this site that you like reading and others that you didn’t enjoy reading.When he isn’t writing, he may be found reading a variety of different manga.When he has the opportunity, he enjoys taking in the sights and sounds of nature.Rei Penber has more to say.
One Piece: The 10 Longest Arcs In The Series, Ranked
- One Piece is one of the most popular and longest-running anime series on the market.
- In contrast to many other shows, it did not attempt to organize its stories into seasons, instead opting to divide them into story arcs instead.
- This allows each segment of story to be as long or as short as it needs to be in order to contribute to the overall narrative.
- They also vary greatly in length, with some arcs lasting longer than the entire runtime of some anime series.
The longer story arcs are generally more important to the story, but not all of them are equally important to the story.Despite the fact that each of these arcs contains a substantial amount of story, they are not always particularly memorable.
10 Thriller Bark (45 Episodes)
- This episode served as a crewmate introduction arc, and it was in this episode that the musician Brook was introduced to the Straw Hats.
- The Straw Hats were opposed against a Warlord in this story arc, but it simply felt a little odd.
- However, although the zombies and the utilization of Moria’s shadow abilities were intriguing, the whole experience seemed a little bland.
- Moria was a formidable adversary for the duration of this arc, although it was later revealed that this was his zenith in the series.
He was promptly outclassed by virtually every other adversary the Straw Hats encountered and is now considered as something of a laughing stock.It is because of this that the Straw Hats’ victory here feels hollow, and the arc itself becomes a forgettable one.
9 Skypiea (43 Episodes)
- Skypiea was a story arc that began to provide viewers with a more in-depth grasp of the universe of the One Piece anime series.
- A large part of this was owing to Robin’s tour of the ruins of Skypiea and the finding of a poneglyph, both of which she carried out alone.
- Despite the fact that this arc had the customary Straw Hats taking down bad ruler motif, it seems to have had little effect.
- The fact that Luffy was able to immediately oppose the very powerful enemy took away a great deal of joy from Luffy’s win against him.
However, while the notion of a region called Skypiea was intriguing, the plot of rebels battling against a ruler felt boring and dull in comparison to the exciting themes from the previous arcs.
8 Fish-Man Island (52 Episodes)
- Fishman Island was the first arc after the two-year time jump, and it led to a wonderful underwater realm that was worth exploring.
- Unfortunately, the most exciting element of this arc was witnessing just how much stronger the Straw Hats had become as a result of the time jump that had occurred.
- The villains never appeared to be a significant danger, and none of the Straw Hats were put to the test during their individual confrontations.
- Probably the most significant outcome of this arc was the introduction of the Emperor, often known as Big Mom.
To be honest, there really wasn’t any other way to complete the arc after the time skip was implemented.When the Straw Hats competed in their first challenge, it was important for them to demonstrate exactly how far they’d gone since the last time the audience saw them.
7 Punk Hazard (47 Episodes)
- Punk Hazard was an arc that served as the starting point for a multi-arc plot.
- This is when the Straw Hats found the illicit SMILE fruits, formed a partnership with Trafalgar Law, and met Kin’emon and Momonosuke for the first time.
- This arc had full of fresh schemes for the Straw Hats to pursue, as well as the return of characters such as Smoker and Law from previous stories.
- The island itself was fascinating, with a surprising supply of scenery that were diametrically opposed to one another.
The only true drawbacks to this arc were the lack of important emotional moments for the Straw Hats and the lack of meaningful challenges for the Straw Hats.Aside from that, this was a really strong arc.
6 Water 7 (35 Episodes)
- Despite the fact that it was mostly a building arc, the Water 7 arc accomplished a number of really important things.
- Franky was introduced in this arc, despite the fact that he would not become a member of the Straw Hats until the next arc.
- There were countless emotional moments throughout the Water 7 arc, but there were two that stood out as particularly unique and compelling.
- There was the first, which was the fact that the Straw Hats’ sailing ship, the Going Merry, was ″dying″ and would not be able to continue sailing for very long.
As a direct result of this, Usopp engaged in combat with Luffy and was forced to temporarily leave the crew.This is one of the most significant causes of intra-crew conflict that the audience has ever witnessed, thus it was difficult to watch it unfold.
5 Alabasta (39 Episodes)
The Alabasta arc was the first major story arc in the series, and it was also one of the most enjoyable episodes.The fact that this was the first time Luffy had to face a Warlord of the Sea meant that he was his most formidable adversary at the moment.Ace, Luffy’s younger brother, was also presented to the audience.
- This meeting was extremely significant for the storyline later on in the series, and it also provided a valuable insight into Luffy’s personal history as well.
- As far as the Straw Hats’ crew members are concerned, this arc had two extremely fascinating firsts for the team.
- Nico Robin was the first member to join voluntarily after previously serving as a villain, and she did so entirely on her own initiative.
- Vivi was the first notable character that the Straw Hats assisted who did not go on to become a member of the crew later on.
- This arc served as a lovely introduction to a series of long and exciting narratives to come.
4 Wano (50+ Ongoing)
Wano is the current story arc in One Piece, and it is shaping up to be one of the finest ever!Many narrative arcs look to be reaching their conclusion, including the samurai who have been traveling with the Straw Hats, the end of the SMILE fruit, and the downfall of an Emperor, among others.It is the Straw Hats’ mission to discover new powers, and the country of Wano is one of the most well-developed and distinctive locales the Straw Hats have ever visited.
- Unfortunately, this story arc is still far from being completed.
- It won’t be able to make it to the top of the list until anime viewers are given a chance to see how the arc concludes.
3 Whole Cake Island (95 Episodes)
With the current arc of One Piece, Wano seems to be one of the best in the franchise.Many narrative arcs look to be reaching their conclusion, including the samurai who have been traveling with the Straw Hats, the end of the SMILE fruit, and the downfall of an Emperor, among other things.Currently, the Straw Hats are experimenting with their new talents, and the country of Wano is one of the most well-developed and distinctive locales the Straw Hats have ever visited.
- Unfortunately, this story arc is still far from being completed..
- This series can’t quite reach the top of the list unless anime viewers are given a chance to see how the arc concludes.
2 Enies Lobby (49 Episodes)
The Enies Lobby arc was a heartbreaking and action-packed arc that left you wanting more.Watching Nico Robin eventually break through her mental barriers and seek Luffy for aid was just as heartbreaking as watching Nami ask for Luffy’s assistance during the Arlong Park chapter.A formidable opponent was placed in front of each Straw Hat, allowing them to demonstrate that they had what it takes to be a part of the crew.
- This arc also marks the first time that viewers have had the opportunity to witness Luffy’s new gears, which are physical upgrades that demonstrate just how far he is ready to go to ensure the safety of his crew.
- However, even though the Going Merry was technically ″dead″ at the conclusion of this arc, the Straw Hats set off with Franky aboard a fresh new ship to take on the world.
- This is without a doubt one of the finest arcs in the whole series.
1 Dressrosa (118 Episodes)
Dressrosa is the longest arc we’ve seen so yet, and it towers above the others.Because it spanned more than 100 episodes, this arc had enough opportunity to explore any character or plotline that it desired.Many new characters were introduced to the audience, including a new admiral, future members of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet, and Luffy’s other brother Sabo, among others.
- This was a watershed moment in the Straw Hats’ history, pushing them to become even more formidable in order to defeat their adversaries.
- The fourth gear of Luffy was demonstrated, Zoro was forced to rely heavily on Haki, and even Usopp was able to unleash observation Haki.
- The storyline was quite complex, with the Straw Hats freeing a country after years of persecution on their hands.
- Despite the fact that this arc had a lot going for it, the writers made sure that everything received enough screen time to make this arc as great as it was intended to be.
- UP NEXT: One Piece: 5 Things That Demonstrate That Wano Is Already The Most Outstanding Character (& 5 Things It Needs To Do Better) The following are the ten times One Piece disappointed its fans.
- Grant Wiedenheft’s biographical information (50 Articles Published) A reader, a writer, and a player, Grant Wiedenheft now resides in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Prior to working as a list writer for Comic Book Resources, he spent the most of his working life in the restaurant industry as a manager or waitress.
- He was a recent graduate of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte who desired nothing more than to convert his passion for writing into a profession.
- He even authored and released a book on Kindle before moving on to more traditional employment.
Grant Wiedenheft has more to say.
5 Best Canon Arcs In One Piece (& 5 Best Filler Arcs)
Only a small number of series have been able to maintain their popularity for decades without becoming unduly stretched out, and One Piece is one of those select few.A total of more than 900 episodes of the One Piece anime series have been published since the show first aired in 1999.The anime is on the verge of reaching its thousandth episode, and there’s little question that it will conclude with well over a thousand installments overall.
- There are a multitude of different arcs in the series, including filler arcs.
- Each arc tells a distinct tale, yet some of them are better than others in terms of storytelling.
- Suzail Ahmad made the following update on December 3, 2021: One Piece is moving closer to the conclusion of the Wano Country arc, which means that there will be another arc for viewers to enjoy once this one concludes.
- One Piece is an extremely long anime series with a large number of story arcs for fans to follow.
- However, despite the series’ length, it is one of the rare anime series that only features a tiny amount of filler episodes.
- The overall quality of One Piece continues to improve with each new arc, and it is reasonable to expect that the next arc will be even better than the Wano Country arc.
- This list has been updated to include even more of the finest arcs from the show, in case you’ve forgotten what’s transpired thus far.
When the Straw Hats came up against the Baroque Works, which was commanded by Crocodile, this was the arc in which they were put through their first grueling test of strength.Crocodile’s attempts to take over the country and learn about one of the ancient weapons are the subject of this story arc.The importance of Alabasta to One Piece cannot be overstated, as there is a great deal of material available on the poneglyphs and ancient weapons found on the island.
- The fact that Crocodile is the primary antagonist just adds to the overall wonder of the story arc.
13Filler: Warship Island
‘One Piece’s very first filler arc is presented in this chapter.It takes place immediately following Luffy’s first reward of 30,000,000 beris, which he collects shortly after.The story revolves around a young girl named Apis, who is saved by the Straw Hat Pirates in the first episode.
- The Straw Hat crew learns more about the child as they embark on their adventures together.
- The girl possesses a devil fruit skill that allows her to communicate with animals.
A large number of One Piece fans believe that the Skypiea arc is the finest arc in the series thus far.The arc is intriguing, and it plays an important role in the story’s progression.Each and every facet of the story, from Noland and Calgara’s friendship to Roger’s arrival on the island, is breathtaking.
- Luffy ringing the golden bell, Sanji’s landing aboard Enel’s ship, and many more memorable scenes can be found in this arc.
- The series’ primary adversary, Enel, is a demon fruit wielder who wields absurdly strong devil fruit.
- The battle between Luffy and Enel is one of the most famous in the series.
A large number of One Piece fans believe that the Skypiea arc is the finest in the series’ history.I found it to be intriguing, and it plays a significant role in the plot.Every facet of the story, from Noland and Calgara’s relationship to Roger’s arrival on the island, is absolutely fantastic to witness..
- Luffy ringing the golden bell, Sanji’s entrance aboard Enel’s ship, and many more memorable scenes can be found throughout the arc.
- He is the arc’s primary adversary and wields an absurdly strong demon fruit, which is referred to as Enel.
- A very noteworthy battle takes place between Luffy and Enel.
10Canon: Sabaody Archipelago
The Sabaody Archipelago is the first arc in the Summit War Saga, and it is set in the Philippines.The Straw Hats’ journey to Sabaody and their preparations for entering the New World is chronicled in this story arc.This arc is extremely important in the story of One Piece.
- This was the first story arc in which the remainder of the Supernovas were revealed to the readership.
- Additionally, Admiral Kizaru and Silvers Rayleigh, who was one of the last surviving members of the Roger Pirates, appeared in the story arc.
- As a cherry on top, Luffy punched a Celestial Dragon, which remains one of the series’ most memorable scenes.
9Filler: Marine Rookie Arc
It takes place after the Straw Hat Pirates had left Zou in search of Sanji, and is known as the Marine Rookie Arc.Luffy depleted all of the food supplies, causing the rest of the crew to go hungry.Nami, on the other hand, saved the day by informing the crew that there was an island nearby where they might go in search of provisions.
- A Marine base has been invaded by the Straw Hats for the second time in as many months.
- The story arc provided a more in-depth insight into the life of the Marines.
- In addition to being jam-packed with action, the film also boasts a compelling tale to accompany it.
- The story arc was warmly received by the audience, as seen by the high number of positive reviews it received on IMDb.
8Canon: Whole Cake Island
This is one of the finest arcs in the entire series, and it is a must-watch.As part of this storyline, the Straw Hats traveled to Big Mom’s land in order to retrieve Sanji, who had abandoned the crew in order to secure the continued existence of the Straw Hats and Zeff’s crew.The story arc demonstrated how much the Straw Hats care about one another.
- The meeting between Luffy and Sanji was particularly emotional, as the former asserted that he could not become the Pirate King without the assistance of his cook.
- Luffy also faced up against two of the most formidable fighters in the Big Mom Pirates, notably Charlotte Katakuri, during this arc.
7Filler: Ocean’s Dream
Ocean’s Dream is a filler arc whose narrative is based on a computer game of the same name that was released in 2004.It tells a narrative that is unique.Following the hearing of a magical sound, several of the Straw Hats experience memory loss, resulting in complete anarchy.
- The majority of the crew members have forgotten how they met Luffy and how they came to be a part of his crew.
- Ocean’s Dream provides a unique perspective on the crew, and it is a fascinating show to watch in general.
The Paramount War is the subject of Marineford’s storyline, which is perhaps the strongest thus far in the series.The Whitebeard Pirates were defeated by the whole Navy in this battle.The Whitebeard Pirates were on the scene to prevent the execution of Portgas D.
- This arc has some of the finest episodes in the whole One Piece series.
- The deaths of Portgas D.
- Ace and Whitebeard signal the culmination of Marineford’s story.
- When Ace died, it had a significant impact on the audience.
- He sacrificed his life in order to protect his younger sibling.
- Whitebeard verified the existence of One Piece just a few moments before he was killed.
5Filler: Z’s Ambition
It is the first filler arc to take place following the time-skip, and it is titled Z’s Ambition.One Piece: Z is the culmination of the storyline.The Straw Hats come into confrontation with the Marines and the Neo-Marines throughout this episode.
- Nearing the conclusion of the arc, Z declares that the end of the New Planet is close, and that he intends to wipe out every pirate in the whole world.
- The arc serves as a prelude to one of the finest One Piece films ever made.
This filler arc takes place immediately following the time-skip and is titled Z’s Ambition (Z’s Dream).One Piece: Z is the culmination of the saga.The Straw Hats come into touch with both the Marines and the Neo-Marines throughout this episode, which is rated PG.
- Nearing the conclusion of the arc, Z declares that the end of the New World is imminent, and that he intends to wipe out every pirate in the known universe.
- The arc serves as a prelude to one of the finest One Piece films ever produced.
3Filler: Little East Blue
Four episodes make up the arc, which lays the groundwork for the upcoming One Piece: Strong World.In the first episode, we see a flashback to 20 years ago, when Shiki managed to escape from Impel Down.Shiki’s escape from Impel Down was the stuff of legends because he was the first pirate to successfully escape from the World Government’s most fortified facility.
- The story arc has an interesting premise, and it follows the Straw Hat Pirates as they prepare for an epic showdown with the Golden Lions.
2Canon: Enies Lobby
Many historic moments have occurred at Enies Lobby.The Straw Hats attempted to rescue Robin from the hands of the CP-9, but were unsuccessful.The stakes were extremely high, and it was one of the very first instances in which a Straw Hat had walked away from the group.
- With only one goal in mind when they arrived to the Enies Lobby, Luffy and his friends were determined to save Robin at any means.
- Luffy ordered Sogeking to shoot down the flag of the World Government, and the crew received a great deal of renown as a result of this action.
- This arc also marked the completion of the Going Merry’s final trip.
Following the Straw Hats’ successful escape from Skypiea, the Going Merry is trapped within a Marine Corps facility.It was decided that the crew should scatter in order to avoid being taken prisoner by the Marines.Many fans consider this arc to be the finest filler storyline in the whole series.There is a clear depiction of the Straw Hats’ influence on the Marines’ life.After a while, the Marines’ perception of the Straw Hats changes, and they become more sympathetic to the group.
MORE: One Complete Piece: According on their Bounty, every Straw Hat Pirate is ranked from 1 to 10.Elden Ring Player grinds his way up to Level 93 before facing Margit in the last battle.As a result of all the stories concerning Margit, The Fell Omen’s difficulty, an Elden Ring player makes the decision to overlevel before the encounter.Continue reading to learn more about the author, Suzail Ahmad (174 Articles Published) Five years ago, I began reading manga for the first time.
- Over the years, I’ve learned to appreciate it and have turned it into a personal interest.
- Suzail Ahmad has more to say.
One Piece (Whole Cake Island) – Anime Arc Review
The One Piece anime’s Whole Cake Island arc, which runs from Episode 783 to Episode 877, contains 95 episodes total.It first aired in 2017 and was finally completed in 2019.Approximately the same distance as Dressrosa’s circumference.According to this assessment, Whole Cake Island did not suffer from the same flaws that Dressrosa had, as I will explain below.Okay, so it isn’t totally correct in this case.
But, I’ll grant that Whole Cake Island did a far better job of disguising those flaws than Dressrosa did.And, I believe that the storyline of the arc is the first improvement that ought to be discussed.Sanji departed Dressrosa with I think Nami, Brook, and Chopper to travel to Zou before the rest of the Straw Hat Crew, which happened about halfway through.Later, Sanji was apprehended by the Big Mom Pirates at Zou and transported to Whole Cake Island, where he was to be married to one of Big Mom’s daughters.
- What was the significance of Sanji’s marriage to one of Big Mom’s daughters?
- For the simple reason that he is truly a prince from the Vinsmoke clan of both West Blue and the Big Mom Pirates, and Germa 66 (the Vinsmoke clan’s ″nation″) desired a working relationship with him.
- The whole narrative of Sanji’s youth is revealed at this point, which explains how he came to be a member of the East Blue.
The Straw Hats will have a cause to finally come into touch with the crew of one of the Four Emperors of the Sea as a result of this development.As is obvious, Luffy will not just allow Big Mom to take Sanji away from him.As a result, the entire story of Whole Cake Island is actually just a massive rescue operation.It’s not clear whether or not the Straw Hats will be able to take down Big Mom and her gang at this time.
- The only thing they want is to save Sanji and get away from Big Mom’s domain.
- Overall, I believe that Whole Cake Island represents a significant improvement in the overall quality of the series when compared to the previous installments.
- And this improvement in quality is evident in all parts of the anime, including the plot, the art, and the animation.
- As far as the plot is concerned, this may well be my new favorite arc of the series.
- Thriller Bark continues to be a favorite of mine, and Zou was also a hit with me.
- Whole Cake Island, on the other hand, accomplished far more than those arcs.
- I really like Sanji’s entire background with the Vinsmokes, which I thought was fantastic.
- It would have been simple for Sanji to feel obligated to make this entire Vinsmoke link because of the circumstances.
- To be fair, we’ve previously seen Sanji’s history, which dates back to when he first joined the Baratie.
- However, this goes farther than that without retconning it.
- In addition, Sanji’s relationships with his siblings were very enjoyable (who have great voice actors I recognized, such as Kenjirou Tsuda).
- The experience of being on Cake Island was also quite emotional.
- I’m aware that we’ve previously had Usopp ″leave″ the Straw Hat crew and return them to Water 7.
- As a result, you’d imagine Sanji ″leaving″ the group here wouldn’t have as much of an impact.
- However, as a result of the events surrounding Sanji’s departure, this was not the case whatsoever.
- Without mentioning the incredible animation that took place during Luffy’s fight against Katakuri, I can’t comment about the improvement in the quality of the anime during this arc.
- Because the fight was spanned across several episodes, the animation of the entire fight was not very impressive (it was still good).
- Episode 870, on the other hand, was completely insane.
- To be quite honest, my biggest beef with the story arc has to do with the major adversary, Big Mom.
- Despite her outward look, I consider Big Mom to be a quite interesting character because of her skill and the manner in which she employs it.
- Her history was equally interesting to me.
- For the most of the arc, I couldn’t bear her yelling ″wedding cake″ over and over again.
- I suppose I should begin this part on the Big Mom Pirates by providing some background information on Big Mom herself.
As far as we can tell, she is a human being.Even without employing weaponry haki, she is massive and her skin is practically formed of reinforced steel, therefore she is invincible.Besides that, she possesses the Soul-Soul Fruit, which enables her to extract life force from humans and implant it into inanimate things in order to bring them back to life.It’s similar to Moria’s Shadow-Shadow Fruit in that it has a similar effect.
- Big Mom has the ability to implant portions of her own soul into objects as well.
- Big Mom’s soul was used to make three Homies, which are items that come to life when she uses her animating abilities.
- Prometheus is represented by a gigantic ball of fire, Zeus is represented by a large thunder cloud, and Napoleon is represented by a hat that can morph into a blade.
I’m not sure if Napoleon’s change was caused by a Devil Fruit, such as Spandam’s sword, which ate an elephant Zoan fruit, or something else.All of Big Mom’s children are arranged underneath her.She has a large number of them, at least 70, from what I recall of her collection.Most of her offspring also have Devil Fruits, which are frequently matched to their names in some way.For example, the Heat-Heat Fruit may be found in the Oven, whereas the Wring-Wring Fruit can be found in the Smoothie.
Furthermore, it appears that Big Mom’s offspring represent every known race, with the exception of Giants.A special emphasis was placed on the fact that there were no Giants among the Big Mom Crew members.And the reason for this is because the Giants are sworn foes of Big Mom as a result of incidents that occurred during her infancy in the city of San Francisco.Oh, and in addition to Big Mom’s children, she has a large number of additional crew members that come from all over the world.We’ve already met two of them: Pekoms, a lion Mink who possesses the Turtle-Turtle Fruit, and Baron Tamago, a lion Mink who possesses the Egg-Egg Fruit.
- Overall, it appears that Big Mom has hundreds, if not thousands, of members of her crew.
- Whole Cake Island receives a 7/10, which is tied for the best rating I’ve given to any of the One Piece arcs to yet.
- I will say that, as previously said, I believe this is probably my favorite arc thus far.
- Despite the fact that it shares a rating with other arcs, it is the best.
If you appreciated this review, please remember to click on the ″Like″ button located at the bottom of this page.You may also follow me on Twitter @DoubleSama to ensure you don’t miss any future stuff.Also, if you’re interested in discussing anime with other members of the community, please consider joining our Discord server.
- Finally, I’d like to express my gratitude to Roman and Toma for your support of DoubleSama.com at the Heika tier this month, as well as Key Mochi for his support at the Senpai tier.
- I appreciate your generosity.
- Check out Patreon.com/DoubleSama to find out more about how you can become a supporter of this site as well.
- My review of the Reverie arc is now available for your viewing pleasure.
r/OnePiece – When does the whole cake arc start to get better? (No spoilers please!)
r/OnePiece – Thoughts on Whole Cake Island arc?
The arc suffers greatly as a result of the absence of Katakuri and Luffy from the story, and as a result of it being drawn out far longer than it should have been.In contrast to other characters that require a whole arc to be created around them, Sanji is the sort of character who benefits from having single off panels or major moments to demonstrate his coolness factor instead of an entire arc developed around him.His being tied down by his family and pushed into marriage is an amusing gag, but it was not absolutely required in this case.Worse, he never receives